Working out the bugs…

On June 1, 2010, in Build, by Migs

The tank has been up and running about a week but still working out the bugs.  A couple of issues I ran into:

  1. pH is low… running 7.8.  I tried to open up windows and cycle the air (remove CO2) but no luck… Going to get some Seachem pH Buffer today and give that a whirl.
  2. Temperature is low… averaging 75 deg… I am not sure if it is a mis-read of my temperature gauge or the heater is not working correctly.  I bought a new heater and it would not even turn on… going to pick up a new temperature gauge and heater.
  3. Timer on used Current USA not working… I thought I got a good deal but running into problems… bad news it has only one cord so external timers are not an option.

For the last problem, I decided to fix it myself.  I proceeded to take it apart when all the gears fell out… long story short, I found the problem with a messed up gear tooth.  After messing with the gears and becoming an expert on timers, I was able to put it back together.  It SHOULD work today, hopefully.  I should find out when I get home from work.

Tagged with: